Honeywell First Responder Services offers fire departments of all sizes a wide variety of services aimed at reducing the unforeseen risks often associated with gear management, maintenance or use.
Our key PPE safety specialists, technical personnel, and dedicated maintenance and repair technicians from all disciplines will work closely with you to ensure that your equipment is operating at peak performance, improving its safety and effective life cycle.
Our specialized services focus on every aspect of the PPE's life cycle. We evaluate and offer clear solutions, from 1851 Advanced Cleaning and Repair Services, in our state of the art facility to private training courses to our FREE PPE Safety Assessment Services. We will ensure that we are with you, every step of the way!
The Honeywell MaskMate™ Hood improves the air mask-to-hood interface with an opening that adapts to face, neck, and air mask size and shape. The new design is engineered to maximize field of view without compromising an effective and safe overlap between the hood and the edge of any contemporary air mask lens or gasket.
The Honeywell MaskMate™ Hood also offers maximum comfort while stowed by providing the largest face opening and yet at the same time maintaining its third party certified designation for universal fit to all brands of air masks currently on the market. Comfort Top Pattern (Patented) eliminates front to rear seam on peak of head.
Traditional hood designs can contribute to field-of-view reduction by creating a face opening that often bunches up and is uncomfortably snug around the neck.
Comfort Top Hood Design Advantages:
- The Comfort Top knit stretches in the opposite direction of the hood body so you have balanced multi-stretch fit. The difference is very noticeable and very positive.
- The peaked look of some hoods along the top stitch line is gone. The Comfort Top hood pulls evenly around the circular top seam with no rubbing when wearing a helmet. Patented and Patent Pending.
- 100% Nomex®; 2-layer wt.: 17.0 oz - To meet TPP requirements, Nomex® hoods (white in color) were beefed up to 8.5 ounce, 100% Nomex® knit. This material handles perspiration only moderately well and, while on the heavy side, is on the economical end of the scale. TPP before/after wash: 22.1/26.7
- Pbi/Lenzing PFR rayon; 2-layer wt.: 13.0 oz Bronze - The 6.5 ounce knit is a 20% Pbi®, 80% PFR rayon blend. Yet another step up in heat resistance, it also handles perspiration extremely well and is often chosen as being the most comfortable of the materials. While a bit more expensive, it has been the choice for overall best insulation, heat resistance, and comfort for over 15 years. TPP before/after wash: 23.2/34.1
- HTC™ carbon blend; 2-layer wt.: 13.5 oz Black - Combining carbon fiber, Kevlar®, and P-84®, this blend offers superior strength compared to other carbon blends on the market. TPP before/after wash: 24.3/28.5