Katadyn – Survivor Water Desalinator
Water filters and purifiers can remove pathogens and sometimes chemicals from fresh water, but they can’t make drinkable water from seawater. Katadyn's compact, hand-powered emergency desalinator can, using the same reverse osmosis membrane as those in shipboard desalinators. A patented Energy Recovery System takes advantage of stored energy in the high-pressure reject water that is typically wasted. The pressurized reject water is recirculated to the back side of the piston to aid the next stroke, resulting in less work to achieve fresh water. Katadyn's Survivor is light and compact, as it's intended for survival situations only. Salt rejection is 98.4 percent, on average.
Katadyn Survivor 06 Model
- The world's smallest desalinator
- Hand-operated desalinator for 1 – 6 people
- Provides 0.89 litres of water per hour
- Optimum pump frequency: 40 pumps per minute
- Weighs only 2.5 lbs
Katadyn Survivor 35 Model
- Hand-operated desalinator for up to 20 people
- Provides 4.5 litres of water per hour
- Optimum pump frequency: 30 pumps per minute
- Weighs only 7 lbs
NEED A QUOTE?
Products are available for DOD, Federal, State and Local Government Agency ordering.
ADS cannot quote or fulfill personal orders.