L3Harris - AN/PVS-14 Night Vision Device (NVD)
Night Vision Device (NVD).Gen III Night Vision Image Intensifier Tubes are Available in Green and White Phosphor. The AN/PVS-14 is the U.S. military standard for night vision and can be used as either a handheld pocketscope, a right or left eye-mounted monocular, or a weapon sight when mounted in conjunction with an infrared (IR) laser aimer or other night vision-compatible primary optic.
- Low battery indicator in eyepiece
- Single AA battery operation
|Link 3||WEAPONS & OPTICS|
|Link 4||NIGHT VISION|
|AN/PVS-14 Monocular Kit||M914|
PVS-14 WHITE PHOSPHOR TUBE SWAPADS andÊL3 Insight TechnologyÊworked together to offer customers an easy way to replace the PVS-14 green phosphor tubes with new white phosphor tubes. White Phosphor Tubes White phosphor decreases eye strain, is easily integrated with other technologies (thermal-fused, etc.), and ultimately increases survivability by allowing warfighters to complete their mission accurately and effectively. Benefits:
- Lowlight and nighttime maneuvers appear more natural in black and white, with added contrast detail in shapes and shadowsÊproviding the operator with more visual informationÊfor assessment and acquisition.
- White phosphor offers various shades of intensity between black and white (over black and green), resulting inÊbetter contrast and depth perception.
- There is a markedÊdifference in operational timeÊgoing from approximately four hours for eye strain with green phosphor to 10 hours for eye strain with white phosphor.
- Customers can order just the white phosphor tubes and replace them at the Unit level.Ê
- This would essentially give them a new PVS14 in White phosphor around the same cost of ordering a newÊPVS14.
- Customers can send their used units back to L3 Insight Technology for upgrading.
- They can choose from either a repairing of any minor defects or opt for a complete re-kitting.
- In this instance, the cost is actually equivalent or cheaper than the unit simply purchasing the tubes and they''re basically getting a new night vision device.